In December, we kicked off our “Tearing Down Tesla” series of articles that compared notable aspects of leading EVs using our proprietary Design Profit software. We’re concluding the series after eight segments that analyzed topics ranging from OEM assembly time to suspension and from battery cooling systems to HVAC ducting and venting.
We covered a lot of ground in this series and, most importantly, aimed to offer knowledge that’s interesting and valuable to today’s engineers … with data points that support our findings.
In case you missed any of the segments, below the list of topics and where to find the post. Thanks for reading!
- Segment 1: Comparing Secrets of Tesla and Other Leading EVs
- Segment 2: Tesla Model 3 vs. BMW i3 with REx System
- Segment 3: Suspension Costs – Premium vs. Standard
- Segment 4: Battery Cooling System Comparison on Tesla Model 3 vs. BMW i3
- Segment 5: Seat Comparison on Tesla Model 3, BMW i3 and Chevy Bolt
- Segment 6: The cost of a Parking Pawl
- Segment 7: HVAC Differences in the Tesla Model 3 & BMW i3
- Segment 8: Comparing the Cooling Strategy / Housings of Motors for Tesla Model 3 vs BMW i3